Tuesday, December 6, 2011

So Far So Good

 

Well, today is the second day into my new method of getting Chemotherapy. On Friday the  government approved the cost of the new Chemo in a pill, named Xeloda. It is very very expensive. I am so happy that they did. From what I was told by my Pharmacist many people were not as fortunate as I am and were disapproved, I was also told that the government doesn’t pass approval that fast either..

When I picked it up yesterday I didn’t take it right away, instead Nadette , my Oncology Nurse suggested to start the regime after supper  and that it probably wouldn’t hurt to take the Metaclop eat least  a half hour before.

Metaclop is a drug that is given to primarily cancer patients receiving Chemo. It slows down  the digestive and intestinal system, preventing nausea and vomiting.
I cannot begin to express how nervous I was either. . I took the Metaclop and waited a half an hour than I ate something too to make sure that I had something buffering any hostile effects of the Xeloda.
For now I will go about my day as usual and not dwell upon any possible nasty side effects such as, Mouth Sores, Itchy and painful palms and or soles of the feet, abdominal pain and of course nausea and vomiting. These are the most common side effects reported to date. There are a few others but hey, if I keep on dwelling on the “possible” side effects I’ll end up making myself ill, LOL.
As for now I am happy and relieved to report, So far so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment