Saturday, December 21, 2013

Baking our Passion and The Easy Bake Oven

Have I ever mentioned how much I love to bake!


Well I do. And what I love even more, is baking with my little girl, my daughter Chloe Megan. Her Grandma sent  her a wonderful gift last week from Springwater Ny. Something she has wanted oh since ,,forever! An Easy Bake Oven. The look on Chloe's face when I pulled it out of the enormous box amongst the many other gifts my Mom her Grandma sent was priceless. Since opening that gift  with a little guidance from me, she has baked Chocolate Chip cookies, Red Velvet Cake, Brownies. Pizza. Pretzels and the list is endless for all the other goodies she wants to make on her own. Don't get me wrong this new gift does not mean that she won't be helping me anymore when I bake lol, I would hate that since baking with her is such a joy for me. Watching her apply all the little tips &tricks I have learned over the years  is such a joy and lifts my spirits even on the gloomiest of days. Actually to be honest , those gloomy days are far and few since she was born. And even when we have gloomy days because of the weather mostly  befalls us, baking and cooking is and has always been my (our) way to brighten up the day, consequently our mood. It's the best therapy! 
I plan to go to Walmart with Chloe today and get some accessories that is not sold with the actual oven, but I am also going to make batches of various homemade cookie dough and cake batters for her to have a selection and you get a lot more than in those small pre made cookie and cake mixes that are sold exclusively for the Easy Bake oven.Even the regular cake mixes from Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker will be more economical and she will get a lot more out of them. Lots more means lots more fun baking! As for today few short days before Christmas, I am going to be in the kitchen making batches of puff pastry and pie crust dough and keep in the freezer till I need them, so all have to do do is take them out of the freezer right when I need them and make some luscious puff pastry treats for some savory and sweet delights and various pies for desserts for Christmas Eve and for Christmas Day. Chloe of course will be helping me and of course she has some treats of her own she plans to make and bake with her Easy Bake Oven. Whatever it is it is sure to impress even the pickiest of pallets lol. 

Pictures soom to come. :-)
Merry Christmas Everyone, and a Happy New Year ☺☺♥♥♥


Nothing like a Mother's Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment