Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm in love with Crumb Boss T.V

I am addicted to Crumb Boss T.V on You Tube.

I swear I must spend at least  2 hrs of my day watching and re watching Gretchen Price who is the Crumb Boss and owner of the Woodland Bakery in Chatham N.J. Her and Steph who is the producer are hilarious together. I have laughed myself to tears listening and watching them together . They really add a whole new perspective to baking,
To those of you who knew me years ago, I used to have a home based catering business before the Cancer, and even tho I made everything you can imagine my passion is and has always been baking, 

I am doing amazing and I continue to beat Cancer's Ass and even tho I never stopped cooking and baking , I wasn't cooking and or baking any where near as much or creating new recipes like I used to. Ahh such is life,. But I did bake  a lot for friends and of course my precious little girl Chloe Megan who by the way is turning 7 on Sunday February 3rd . Many great and fond memories were created baking with her in the kitchen and watching her adorable little face light up when the cakes, cookies  we made came out of the oven, and she would yell out for all to hear, " I made that with my Mommy" .

One thing that hasn't changed for Chloe is licking the beaters and bowl LOL..hey even I still do that! It's the best !..
This birthday I will be baking her birthday cake. It is going to be  a theme cake fashioned after one of her all time favorite Disney movies, "The Princess and the Frog". For those of you in my age group if you remember the Princess when we were kids was white, but now the Princess whose name is Tiana, is African American and the story takes place in New Orleans. This is going to be a lot of fun to make for me because the last cake, or theme cake rather that I made was for my friends daughters birthday, and it was also a Princess Doll cake,.the doll was Ariel from the little Mermaid who is Also Chloe's favorite too and I thought for sure that she would want it for herself this year. I t was a beautiful; cake and I wish that I had taken pictures of the finished cake. I designed the mermaid dress on the doll using green and blue roll-ups! and WOW it was awesome !! I used blue food coloring on the white buttercream under her to make the waves..and jelly candy that I rolled flat and dipped in sugar and made cut outs of the starfish and other sea creatures. It was something to see and made a little girls birthday that much more special. So this year Chloe;s cake has to be out of this world!

I went out a few months ago and bought her a collection of Princess Dolls and one of them of course the the African American Princess Tiana, so I already have the doll.Chloe Megan's favorite flavor for the cake is chocolate. So I plan to make a 2-3 Tier cake and the top of the cake will be another cake but it is going to be the doll part with Princess Tiana standing on the top, her gown of course is another cake. 

The entire cake will be made using my idol and inspiration the Crumb Boss's recipes. So i'm using her recipes and my artistic flair motivated purely from my love for my little angel.
MY intention is to make a video of the process, and if I that can't happen I will definitely post a picture of the finished cake here in my blog, in YouTube in My Channel and of course in FaceBook on the Crumb Boss page for her all of her loyal followers and fans to see what she has inspired . 
She truly has been a positive inspiration to get me out of the cob webs and back in the kitchen doing what I love to do, creating yummy and beautiful pastries and cakes for my loved ones to enjoy!

Who knows maybe I will start a home business again!
♥♥ Crumb Boss !!!!

Here is the Crumb Boss 's website where you will find all the delicious recipes you see her do in Crumb Boss t.v in You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment